Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County Endowment Fund (est. 2018)
Since 1995, breaking the cycle of poverty for low-income, academically qualified students through education has been the mission for Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County, a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Take Stock in Children accomplishes its 98% program success rate through an innovative multi-year model that provides wraparound services to at-risk, low-income students. The program has directly impacted the lives of more than 2,000 students throughout 32 Palm Beach County schools by providing students with both a guaranteed college scholarship and academic & social-emotional support services that instill hope for a better life. This leads to opportunities that gear students toward obtaining a post-secondary credential and entering the workforce with confidence.
Education is the tool we use to help students like Esther escape poverty and flourish: “Take Stock in Children provided me with the one-on- one support I needed to achieve my academic dreams. Their daily guidance, promise of a college scholarship and mentoring helped mold me into the young woman I am today. They placed me on the path to success! I am a true witness of the impact that a caring person can have in the life of a child and for that I am forever grateful.”
The Take Stock in Children program model is recognized as a “flagship mentoring program” by the Florida Legislature for providing an evidence-based approach in serving more than 30,000 low-income, at-risk children throughout Florida. The program is inclusive and intensely local, bringing together not only students and school personnel, but outside volunteers, philanthropists, religious groups, civic organizations, the social-services sector and for-profit businesses. Take Stock in Children offers underserved youth an evidence-based opportunity to succeed, while ensuring equity for youth facing systemic barriers. Students participating in the program receive:
- regular academic focused meetings with an assigned college readiness coach;
- parent engagement and trainings;
- one-on-one weekly youth mentoring via an assigned volunteer mentor;
- social/emotional support services;
- monthly workshops focusing on overcoming system barriers;
- college access and transition services;
- a guaranteed 2-year Florida Prepaid college scholarship; and
- one-on-one post-secondary advising and retention services.
Take Stock in Children's program model has been proven effective in ensuring successful outcomes for youth:
- High School Graduation Rates: 98% of students graduate, compared to 57% of their peer group.
- Post-Secondary Enrollment Rates: 96% of students enroll in post-secondary program, as compared to 25% average for students in poverty.
- Post-Secondary Completion Rates: 74% of students obtained a post-secondary credential, compared to the state average of 28% for students in poverty.
- Post-Secondary Scholarships: Over $15M in Florida Prepaid college scholarships granted to Palm Beach County students since 1995.
To learn more, visit the Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County website HERE.
If you are considering making a bequest to the Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County Endowment Fund of the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, we recommend the following language:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath _________ and No/100 dollars ($DOLLARS)... OR
I hereby give, devise and bequeath ____ percent (___%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death,...
...to the Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County Endowment Fund of the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, a nonprofit organization located at 700 S. Dixie Highway, Suite 200, West Palm Beach, FL, 33401.
Other Gift Options
If you would like information about other ways to give, including gifts that provide you with immediate tax deductions, income for the rest of your life and preferential treatment of capital gains taxes, click HERE or call Sheila Kinman at (561) 340-4503.
Donate directly to the Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County Endowment Fund below: