We award grants from charitable funds created by individuals, families, businesses and organizations to benefit nonprofit organizations doing personally meaningful work in our region, statewide, nationwide and even globally.
Grants recommended by our donors represent 85% of our total annual grants.
Last year, donors recommended about 85% of the more than $11 million awarded from charitable funds managed by the Foundation.
Donors can give through their funds to accomplish a great variety of charitable goals including:
- Make an annual gift to a place of worship
- Provide scholarships to high school students
- Improve a park or provide access to health care and arts opportunities
- Benefit a college alma mater
- Enhance job training programs, help a library, build affordable housing
- Support a child’s or grandchild’s school – public or parochial
- Give to charities in other states
- Support local charities when living elsewhere