The Center for Philanthropy building provides a permanent home for the Community Foundation’s offices as well as for other nonprofit organizations.
Our 33,000 square-foot building was built in the heart of the city of West Palm Beach as a gift to our community and named the 'Center for Philanthropy'.
Located at 700 South Dixie Highway (2 blocks north of Okeechobee Boulevard) in downtown West Palm Beach, this building received The Mayor’s Golden Palm Award for Excellence in Design in 2002.
The Center for Philanthropy building provides a permanent home for the Community Foundation’s offices as well as for other nonprofit organizations. Rental space is offered at market rates to nonprofit organizations.
In addition to office space, the building features the Eunice and Julian Cohen Courtyard and Fountain, and the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Community Room and Conference Room, which are available for use by the community’s nonprofit organizations at very reasonable costs.
Who can utilize the Community Rooms?
The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Community Rooms are available for use exclusively to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations for the purpose of furthering its mission. Examples of appropriate events include:
- Staff development
- Board of Directors / committee meetings or events
- Fundraising events
- Educational opportunities
When are the Community Rooms available?
The rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to nonprofit organizations in the:
- Evening (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Weekend use (daytime or evening)
Events are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. All paperwork, contracts and security deposit must be completed and returned to the Community Foundation three weeks prior to the scheduled event.
What are the fees associated with the Community Rooms?
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: Each event requires a security deposit of $200. The Community Foundation will return the security deposit following the event (after the organization has paid in full), provided there is no damage and additional cleaning is not required.
- FEE: The fee to use the room including set up / breakdown is based on the number of hours of the event. $175 for up to 4 hours and an additional $45 per hour.
How do I reserve the Community Rooms?
Read the details of the available rooms and the reservation process.