The Community Foundation exists to serve our donors and make your charitable giving more impactful. When you choose to work with us for your philanthropy, you join a group of dedicated, like-minded individuals, families and businesses united by a passion for making a difference.
Seven reasons to partner with us:
- World-class service – it is our pleasure to assist you in making your philanthropy more rewarding, any way we can.
- Flexibility – our team of professionals can help you achieve anything you wish, anywhere in the world with your philanthropy.
- Community expertise – from affordable housing to education, from the arts to the environment, our team of professionals has the local expertise to make your charitable gifts more impactful.
- Investment performance – a number of investment options provide you with greater asset class diversification; you may also continue to use your own private investment manager.
- Legacy planning – as our partner, you may specify the people you wish to direct your philanthropy to in the future, for many generations.
- Stewardship – as a public entity led by the leaders of our community, your philanthropic intent will be protected forever.
- Tax benefits – partnering with us allows you the greatest tax benefits provided, significantly higher than charitable gifts to a private foundation. Starting a Fund at the Community Foundation is also an attractive alternative to having a private foundation. Read more here.
Ways to Give
View are administrative fee schedule HERE.
The types of funds we offer are below.
- Donor Advised Fund / Family Foundation: For individuals or families to make grant recommendations to charities of their choice; we vet the nonprofits, write the checks and handle the reporting.
- Community Impact Fund: For visionary donors who want their philanthropy to continue after their lifetime and want their gift to meet the needs of generations to come. Our team of experts will make annual grants to address community issues.
- Field of Interest Fund: For donors who have a particular area of charitable interest. They name the area, and then we go to work researching and preparing a grant spending plan in that field.
- Legacy Fund: to receive your estate gift that will benefit your favorite charities in the future.
- Corporate Advised or Committee Advised Giving Fund: for businesses and organizations to impact the community by distributing charitable dollars through a corporate or committee structure.
- Designated Fund: For donors firmly committed to supporting specific charities. The donor names the charity or charities they'd like to benefit; we take care of the investments and regularly make grants to the charities named.
- Scholarship Fund: For donors who want to help local students achieve the dream of a college education; these funds often memorialize a loved one.
- Nonprofit Endowment Fund: A fund managed by the Foundation on behalf of a local nonprofit. The nonprofit receives annual distributions for unrestricted use and a permanent source of income.
- Nonprofit Investment Fund: a flexible fund established with the foundation with a short or long-erm investment strategy.
Other ways to give
- Click here to view 7 gift options to meet your goals, including insurance, real estate and more.
- Deferred Gift: Donors can set up a fund through a deferred-giving arrangement. A key feature of many estate plans is a tax advantage to the donor now for the commitment of a charitable gift later.
- Bequest: After providing for personal bequests, donors may include provisions for setting up a fund or add to one already established. They may pay lower estate taxes while ensuring that the charitable work they care about is carried on. Click here to learn more about planned gifts.
- Annual Support: Donations to the Community Foundation strengthens our ability to tackle critical issues, develop solutions and provide services to the people and organizations in our community.