The Community Foundation established the Legacy Society to recognize individuals and couples who have made provisions in their estate plans to provide a gift to The Community Foundation for the benefit of their community or our endowed fundholders at the Foundation.
These gifts take the form of bequests by naming The Community Foundation not only in a will or trust, but also in a charitable remainder trust, gifts of life insurance, or any other type of charitable planned gift.
Who Should Join the Legacy Society?
For people who want to create a legacy beyond their lifetime, the Legacy Society ensures donors that their charitable dollars are used in the way they intended. If you have made arrangements in your will, trust, or other deferred gift mechanism to make a gift to The Community Foundation, you are already eligible to be a member of the Legacy Society.
What are the benefits of joining the Legacy Society?
Being a member of the Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to belong to a select group of like-minded people who are committed to support the needs of our communities.
Other benefits include:
- Recognition annually at a special event honoring you for your gift during your lifetime.
- The guidance of our professional staff to help you with your estate and gift planning.
- A personalized giving plan, as detailed or general as you'd like, to ensure your philanthropy will be meaningful to you.
How does the Legacy Society work?
- Establish - Donors can include a gift to The Community Foundation in their will or trust, establishing a bequest.
- Notify - Donors notify The Community Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Legacy Society.
- Join - Donors join the network of other Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
Please contact our office at (561) 340-4503 to discuss the various planned giving options available to you.
Legacy Society Members
Gail and Stig Bjork
Dr. and Mrs. William J. Bryant
Michael S. Buckner Esq.
Danielle Blangy Cameron
Barbara Bishop Chapin
Mrs. Joseph DaCorte
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Dahlberg
Daniel E. Drennen II
Mai and Dr. William Earnhart
Dr. and Mrs. Robert W. Eddleman
Diana M. Freaney CPA
Mr. and Mrs. Barry H. Goldman
Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth L. Groves
Michele L. Gurto
Jane and Gene J. Guttman
Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Henry
Thornton M. Henry
Shannon Sadler Hull
Abby Gelles Knott
Brenda M. Magee, Ed.D.
Col. And Mrs. John A. Marshall
Dr. Dorothy Adams Peck
The Hon. Edward Rodgers
Leon M. Rubin
Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Runkel