You can simplify your charitable giving by establishing a donor advised fund at the Community Foundation. Hundreds of individuals and families partner with CFPBMC, utilizing the community foundation's services and expertise to realize their philanthropic dreams. Get started by opening a fund.
By creating a donor advised fund, you can organize all your charitable activities through one expertly-managed and cost-effective charitable vehicle. Your gift qualifies for an immediate tax deduction, and you can take your time deciding which organizations to recommend for grants.
Donor Advised Funds operate much like private foundations, but without the administrative burdens or paperwork. Here are some of the advantages:
- Expert staff with in-dept knowledge to help your charitable giving strategy and goals.
- Contribute when needed, and receive an immediate income tax deduction.
- Enjoy a quick and easy set-up with a $25,000 minimum initial gift.
- Make grant recommendations at your convenience to any qualified charity in the United States.
- CFPBMC handles the paperwork for you by issuing payment to your chosen charities.
- Or - take advantage of online fund account access and grant distribution through your secure personal online grant portal.
- Select recognition or anonymity on a grant-by-grant basis, or for all of your activities.
- Benefit from professional investment management of the highest level with a 44 year history of successful management of $154 million in assets.
- Involve your children and other relatives to preserve a family tradition of giving back to the community.
View a chart comparison of a Donor Advised Fund and a Private Foundation.
Compare the Community Foundation's Donor Advised Fund option to a private foundation.
Download and print a sample fund agreement here.
Gifts to a Donor Advised Fund can be made during life or by bequest or other planned gift.
To open a Donor Advised Fund, email Lisa Huertas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 659-6800.