At the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, you can set up a charitable giving fund- also known as a donor advised fund - to help organize and maximize your giving.
"It would not be possible for me to provide meaningful guidance as a Donor Advisor without the help and counsel of Community Foundation staff and officers," - Peter Bermas, donor advisor.
To open a Charitable Giving Fund, email Sheila Kinman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 659-6800.
How Donor Advised Funds Work:
Charitable Giving Funds, or Donor Advised Funds, operate much like private foundations without the administrative burdens or paperwork. Here are some of the advantages:
- Local staff with in-dept knowledge to help your charitable giving strategy and goals.
- Contribute when needed, and receive an immediate income tax deduction.
- Enjoy a quick and easy set-up with no minimums.
- Make grant recommendations at your convenience to any qualified charity in the United States.
- The Community Foundation handles the paperwork for you by issuing payment to your chosen charities.
- Or - take advantage of online fund account access and grant distribution through your secure personal online grant portal.
- Select recognition or anonymity on a grant-by-grant basis, or for all of your activities.
- Select from many investment portfolio options, including personalized options with your own investment manager.
- Involve your children and other relatives to preserve a family tradition of giving back to the community.
View a chart comparison of a Donor Advised Fund and a Private Foundation.
Read more about transferring a private foundation to a Donor Advised Fund here.
View our Donor Advised Fund flyer here.
Gifts to a Donor Advised Fund can be made during life or by bequest or other planned gift.
To open a Donor Advised Fund, email Sheila Kinman at email@example.com or call (561)340-4503.