An Investment in the Future
Building a long-term, revenue-producing permanent endowment is one of the best ways a nonprofit organization can build a stable financial future. Public charities often establish endowed funds at community foundations for their own benefit. They do this for a variety of reasons including a community foundation’s greater sophistication for administering long-term investments and greater assurance that principal will not be spent by the agency.
Nonprofit endowments will:
- Protect your organization’s endowed monies for future needs.
- Provide annual income, depending on market performance.
- Demonstrate to donors a commitment to long-range financial planning.
- Provide a way for donors to give complex gifts such as stocks, life insurance or property.
- Increase investment yield, as agency endowments are pooled with the Community Foundation’s other funds to provide maximum return and lower fees.
Benefits of partnering with the Community Foundation:
- Proven track record of endowment-building and fund management expertise.
- Technical assistance with planned gifts that benefit the endowment.
- Gift processing and administrative service.
- Reduced or eliminated ongoing administrative burdens.
- Yearly income in perpetuity.
View the nonprofits who have turned to us to manage their endowments HERE.
If you'd like to learn more about starting a Nonprofit Endowment Fund, please call us at (561) 659-6800.